- You need to know how to scan in pictures of your work, and how to
embed those scanned pictures in a Word document.
- You need Microsoft Word
- Microsoft word comes with Equation Editor. Tips for Equation
- Finding Equation Editor
- Tips for doing the first
assignment that uses Equation Editor
- Alternately, you can buy or get a free trial of MathType (it
has a few cool features Equation Editor doesn't have)
- You need the SMART Notebook
software . You are allowed to use
this software under the license agreement because the university has some SMART
products (several smart boards and sympodiums), so long as you do not
use it with a competitor's hardware product (which you will not be
doing for this class). You can find a product key you are allowed to use for Smart Notebook in the Content section of D2L, in the section SMART Notebooks, with the topic Downloading and Installing SMART Notebook).
- You also need some screen cast software. I reccommend Jing for
this purpose. You can download Jing here http://www.jingproject.com/ and
you can/should sign up for the free hosting space on Screencast.com.
You might want to watch one of these getting started tutorials: http://teachingcollegemath.com/?page_id=594.
If for some reason Jing doesn't play nice with your computer, let me
know. There are several other free options.
- You need a pretty fast internet connection
- You need to have a web browser that supports all of these (update
your web browser if necessary)